For more than 50 years, the president of the United States has issued a proclamation announcing National Small Business Week, which recognizes the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small-business owners. This year the 2020 NSBW has been postponed and the new dates will be announced soon.
More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business, and they create about two out of every three new jobs in the U.S. each year.
As part of National Small Business Week, the U.S. Small Business Administration takes the opportunity to highlight the impact of outstanding entrepreneurs, small-business owners and others from all 50 states and U.S. territories. Every day, they’re working to grow small businesses, create 21st century jobs, drive innovation and increase America’s global competitiveness.
The following are the U.S. Small Business Administration 2020 National Small Business Week awardees in Utah:
• Small Business Exporter of the Year (Utah state winner & SBA Region VIII winner): Kaddas Enterprises Inc.; Salt Lake City; Natalie Ann Kaddas, owner.
• Small Business Persons of the Year: K9 Sport Sack; Orem; Jen Watson and Joseph Watson, owners.
• 8(a) Graduate of the Year (Utah state winner & SBA Region VIII winner): Mountain West Precast LLC, Brigham City; Stephanie L. Loud, owner.
• District Office Award: PureEnviro Management LLC; Spanish Fork; Gabriel Walter Po’u Reid, owner.
• Women’s Business Center of the Year (Utah state winner & SBA Region VIII winner): Women’s Business Center of Utah; Ann Marie Wallace, director.
• Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award: Salt Lake SBDC; James (Jim) Herrin, director.